Monday 27 April 2015

Artist Log - Andreas Gursky



Andreas Gursky

Gursky's photos are always on a large scale, he often takes photos of simple things but on a very large scales, for example hundreds of chocolate bars, or hundreds of books or windows etc. His images are fun to look at, when you look at an image by Gursky you instant thought is 'wow' because of the large scale he photos are made-up of.


Here we can se an American shop, we can also see hundreds of different products and many people buying them, this is a clear example of how Gursky takes something small like a chocolate bar and blows it up for a photo, we can see hundreds of chocolate bars and other sweets.


This looks like a massive building, and loads of different windows have their lights on, I think this looks incredible, to have taken this must have been incredibly difficult but the outcome totally worth it, this image is incredible and shows the nightlife for many of us. 


This seems to be a cave made up of hundreds of golden spheres, to the bottom right of the image we can see a man in a boat of some sorts looking up at this incredible structure, this again looks simply incredible and must have taken a really long time time to take.


Gursky once again has taken something small and ordinary like a book and blown it for a photograph this massive collection of books is incredible. There are hundreds of books in this photo and this is only one side of the library, this photo likes to make you feel as if you are there looking over a balcony and looking at all these hundreds of books. 

I am influenced by Gursky as he takes something small and makes it massive, I really like the idea of doing that and I feel as if I can incorporate that idea into my final pieces and exam.

In summary I really like this artist and in a way I have incorporated him into my work, not to the same scale but something similar. For my exam I loads of rubbish and bags etc and built a maze out of it within a forest, I used something small (rubbish) and built it up to create something worthy of a good photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment